Thursday, November 2, 2017

To the coast, even if it’s not beach weather

Shortly after getting back from Canada I headed up to Straslund on the Baltic Sea coast. I was staying by the Neuer Markt (or new market) which had a church on it - St. Marienkirche, or St. Mary's Church.




Around the corner you can find the MEERESMUSEUM though I didn't go inside, I did take a picture of the boat outside. It's one of a couple of nautical themed museums there.


I took a photo of the staircase beside it because it was decorated though I am not sure why.


I headed down the steps towards the waterfront which lead me past a few more historical sites. The Kütertor and some of the town walls.





It was then past the Franciscan Monastery of St. John founded in 1254. It included a lovely courtyard of homes.









Nearby from the Monastery is the Old Town, unfortunately the church was under renovation so I don't have pictures of that.




A few random buildings I took photos of . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment